Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Keats and Yeats are on your side..."


The semester is finally over with and I'm free to do as I please...well, sort of. While studying for my Victorian Lit exam, I had to watch a series on Charles Dickens as a part of an exam review. I thought it was going to suck, but lo and behold, I was wrong. Dickens of London was an anglophile's wet-dream and the actor playing the mid-twenties Dickens was pretty awesome (see above). I will spare you the girlish gushing over Gene Foad's greatness.

Another great piece of film is the 2003 documentary, Bukowski: Born Into This. Talk about inspiration! I watched this beauty on Netflix a few days ago and it has renewed my appreciation of Bukowski's work. It contains loads of exclusive, in depth interviews with the writer himself and his closest confidants. If anyone knew how to use expletives artfully, it was Henry Charles Bukowski.

No comments:

Post a Comment